Monday, April 4, 2011

Masa - Downtown Minneapolis

Time/Days:  4pm - 6pm/Monday-Friday
Drink Specials:  1/2 Off Margaritas, Tap Beer, Wine by the Glass
Food Specials:  $5 Guacamole, $2.50 Tacos, $5 Assorted Others

I hate to start off this blog with a glowing review, but Masa's happy hour is the real deal.  I feel as though it flies under the radar a bit with the Local, Barrio, and Brit's all right around the corner.  But be assured, the specials here put all of its neighbors to shame. 

Being a big fan of guacamole and margaritas I can be quite the harsh critic when it comes to Mexican food.  Living up to these standards is a difficult task, but Masa passes the test.  In fact, their guacamole is on par if not better than the best I have ever had (i.e. the classic guac at El Vez in Philadelphia).  The margaritas get similar marks.  How can you go wrong with a $5 margarita that uses 1800 and Gran Gala??  $5 at most places gets you rail (hangover inducing) tequila, mixed with sugar loaded tequila mix...not at Masa!  Personally I recommend the Masa Margarita, which is their classic, but I've also heard good things about the flavored margaritas that come in Blood Orange, Mango, or Strawberry.

My only regret is that I haven't had the chance to try the $2.50 tacos or the chile rellenos....but there is always next time!

Kudos:  Some of the best guac I've ever tasted, incredible and cheap margaritas, great prices!
Criticisms:  Only goes until 6pm, bar area is small so it can get crowded between 5pm-6pm

No comments:

Post a Comment